This is a recipe that I first tasted last year at a friend’s house and then proceeded to shamelessly pinch. It is lovely for an easy lunch with friends and just feels summery and light. It serves 4 to 6 people.
Washed Salad of your choice – I like the Italian style ones with plenty of rocket.
500g of turkey breast fillets / mini fillets
2 ripe nectarines
50ml Sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons Honey
- Slice the turkey breast into stips – you can skip this step if using mini-fillets
- Slice the necarines leaving the skin on
- In a griddle pan with a little oil cook the turkey strips for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
If you are unsure if the turkey is cooked through cut a strip in half to check
- Place the turkey in a serving dish and in the same pan you have just used cook the nectarine slices for about 2 minutes until they soften and begin to caramelise.
- Mix the nectarines in with the turkey and serve with the salad.
- For the dressing mix 2 tablespoons of honey with about 50 ml of sherry vinegar or amend to taste.
Please note: The sherry vinegar could be substituted for balsamic/ white wine vinegar etc, I originally made this recipie using chicken which works equally well.