This week the unthinkable happened and we ran out of cake and biscuits! My son got sent to preschool with dried fruit for his pudding yesterday and was not impressed, so while the kids were eating tea I quickly whipped up some yummy mint chocolate chip muffins for them. (makes 10 large cupcakes / muffins)
125g Unsalted butter (softened)
125g Castor sugar
2 Large eggs (beaten)
2 tsp Peppermint extract
110g Self raising flour
15g Good quality cocoa powder
A few tablespoons of whole milk
50g Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
50g White chocolate chips / white chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 c
- Set out 10 muffin cases in Muffin trays
- In a free standing mixer cream the softened butter an sugar
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour and cocoa powder
- Add the mint extract to the beaten eggs and gradually add the eggs to the butter cream with spoonful of flour to stabilize the mix.
- Gradually fold in the rest of the flour
- Add milk slowly until the mixture falls easily from a spoon / spatula
- Stir in the dark and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the 10 prepared muffin cases
- Bake in the preheated 180c oven for approximately 15 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean (apart from any melted chocolate it catches).